People in India, a cricket maniac country, appreciate the sport in every form, be it watching cricket-based movies or playing fantasy cricket games. In terms of fantasy cricket, which is a huge hit among people, it has revolutionized the way they watch cricket, adding to the thrill and excitement as well as filling people’s pockets.
In addition to shrieking our lungs out at a six, we are also moved by simply seeing their idols. Cricket fever has been on the minds of every Indian, and Bollywood stars are no different! These movie stars have not ceased to make their way into the cricket world as well since the IPL successfully merged Bollywood and glamour.
Celebrities from the B-town have become a major attraction at cricket stadiums, bringing a whole new twist to the sport. Here are some famous Bollywood celebs who owned/ owns professional cricket teams:
1. Preity Zinta – Punjab Kings Owner
One of the youngest franchise owners in the IPL, Preity Zinta owned the Punjab Kings team. Among her partners are Ness Wadia, Mohit Burman, and Karan Paul, who own the Mohali based cricket team. Founded in 2008, the group paid about $76 million to acquire the team. Punjab Kings reached the semi-finals of the 2008 IPL match and finished second in the 2014 IPL tournament.
2. Shah Rukh Khan – Kolkata Knight Riders Owner
Super Star Shah Rukh Khan owns Kolkata Knight Riders through Red Chilli Entertainment. Since the team’s inception, Khan has been very active. The Kolkata knight riders have won the IPL trophy twice and been to the playoffs several times. Together, Shah Rukh and Juhi Chawla, along with Jay Mehta own the team. The Knight Riders have the longest winning streak in the Indian Cricket League. With Gautam Gambhir as its former captain, the team was bought for approximately ₹2.98 billion at that time.
3. Shilpa Shetty – Rajasthan Royals Owner
With her spouse, Raj Kundra, Shilpa Shetty co-owns a cricket team along with being a yoga queen and actor. In 2013, the team placed second in the champion league. The team cost initially $67 million, which was the least expensive at the time.
4. Boney Kapoor and Lt. Sri Devi – Bengal Tigers Team Owner
Boney Kapoor and Sri Devi, who are both popular in Bollywood, also demonstrated their sporting side. Along with the famous Sahara group, they owned the Bangla Celebrity Cricket League franchise at the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL). Even though the formal announcement has not yet been made, there are rumours that the late Bollywood actress’s daughter will cheer on the team in her mother’s footsteps.
5. Sohail Khan – Mumbai Heroes Owner
There are a lot of people who are obsessed with cricket, and the Celebrity Cricket League has proved no different. Mumbai Heroes in CCL is owned by Sohail Khan. Mumbai Heroes is a franchisee-owned by celebrities like Ritesh Deshmukh, and the brand ambassadors are Kriti Sanon, Vikas Kapoor, and Jordy Patel. An exciting cricket match between the best of Bollywood is the true sensation of the present.
6. Sonu Sood – Punjab De Sher Owner
The Celebrity Cricket League has spotted Sonu Sood as an all-rounder playing for Punjab De Sher. The team is owned by R. Navraj Hans, Mr Puneet Singh, and Sonu Sood as its captain along with the Punjab film industry together for exciting cricket matches. Daler Mehdi and Mikka Singh are the brand ambassadors. So far, there have been 6 seasons, and the team has performed well.
Mithun Chakraborty bought the Kolkata Tigers, which went on to become the Royal Bengal Tigers. RCB was one of the nine teams that played in the very first season of the Indian Premier League. The team was based in Kolkata and was led by former New Zealand all-rounder, Craig McMillan. As of now, the team has finished as runner up on several occasions but has yet to win the trophy.
7. Mithun Chakraborty – Royal Bengal Tigers Owner
The most-watched sporting event in the country is undoubtedly cricket. The fans aren’t alone, either, as the same number of superstars totally enjoy this sort of game and play it on the fantasy gaming platforms.
During the Corona outbreak when all of the stadiums were closed and most matches were being postponed, fantasy cricket apps gained a lot of popularity. Fantasy Cricket Site allows us to create a team of our favourite players in any match format or tournament, domestic or international.
Various trusted fantasy cricket platforms are also promoted by celebrities like Bharti Singh.
The star comedian and television personality, Bharti Singh, promotes the FSL11 (Fantasy Sports League). It’s 100% trusted and an easy to use Fantasy game App. Why sit behind and complain about the players in the team when you can create your own team and play, here’s how:
1. Download the FSL11 Cricket fantasy App here.
2.Register and get an instant joining bonus of Rs.100. While applying a Referral code might give you and your friend Rs.50 referral bonus.
3. Add a minimum deposit of Rs. 100.
4. Pick a match from among the listed tournament (Domestic or International)
5. Pick a contest, entry starting at Rs.1. The FSL11 App also offers free contest entries at times.
6. Build your FSL11 team by selecting the best 11. Do not forget that this is a game, hence you can pick players of your choice from both the teams and create a winning team.
FSL11 team is created within a budget of 100 credits, divided as minimum 1 wicketkeeper, 3 batsmen, 1 all-rounder and 3 bowlers. With that said, the maximum limit of every category is 4 wicketkeepers, 3 batsmen, 4 all-rounders and 3 bowlers. The selection of the same depends on the budget.
7. Upon creating a team of 11, you need to select a captain or a vice-captain. Both of them would earn bonus points, i.e. the captain would earn you 2X points while the vice-captain would earn you 1.5X points.
8. Edit the team, if needed, after the toss results are out. To do so, you get a span time of half an hour before the match begins.
9. Follow the match and keep checking your score on the FSL11 leaderboard, which is updated in real-time.
10. After the winner is announced, withdraw the winning amount from the wallet via Paytm transfer or continue to invest, selecting the next match.
11. Follow the notification for future matches and updates on the easy-to-understand and play – FSL11 app. It announces the contests and offers in advance so that you do not have to worry about missing out on a match.
With the overwhelming love for cricket that has gone digital, FSL11 has received a lot of zest with 5 lakh plus download and 4.7 user rating. However, this has not been a reflection of only India’s love for cricket; a lot goes behind revamping the platform to give you a seamless experience.
If fantasy cricket is your thing, then download FSL11 and play!
Download FSL11 – The best fantasy cricket app to bring in the real thrill of playing fantasy cricket online and win real cash every day with exciting bonus points. https://fsl11.com/download-fantasy-cricket-app
Image Credits to Owners