This year’s IPL has blown minds for several reasons. From being held in the business hub of UAE to stonewalling the novel coronavirus pandemic, IPL 2020 has come a long way. Surviving the horror of the virus, it was held after being delayed for months.
The tournament ipl fantasy cricket was originally scheduled to commence on 29 March 2020, but was suspended until 15 April due to the global coronavirus pandemic. After Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced on 14 April that the lockdown in India would last until at least 3 May 2020, the BCCI suspended the tournament indefinitely. On 2 August 2020, it was announced that the tournament would be played between 19 September and 10 November 2020 in the United Arab Emirates. It was held following all the proper rules and regulations. Everything was protected and sanitised and every player went for COVID-19 test for the ipl cricket match.
The 2020 Indian Premier League, also known as IPL 13 and branded as Dream11 Indian Premier League 2020, was the thirteenth season of the IPL, a professional Twenty20 cricket (T20) league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007 for even ipl match 2020.
Not just but there were other difficulties too. On 4 August 2020, Vivo pulled out as the title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for this year’s edition. On 18 August, fantasy cricket league platform Dream11 was named the title sponsor with a bid of ₹222 crore (US$31 million) for the tournament.
Amongst all the chaos, who finally managed to win the title? Was it Chennai Super Kings or Mumbai Indians? Was the IPL 2020 worth it?Numerous questions might fuss with your head and here are the answers.
The 2020 Indian Premier League Final was played on 10 November 2020 between Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai. It was a Day/Night Twenty20 match, which decided the winner of 2020 season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), an annual Twenty20 tournament in India. The defending champions, Mumbai Indians, retained the title by winning the match by five wickets. This was the fifth IPL title for the Mumbai Indians, having appeared in the finals for six times of IPL cricket online. This was the first IPL final appearance for the Delhi Capitals.
Few interesting facts regarding the final are as follows:
- With the year 2020 being a leap year too and the fact that Delhi Capitals had never lifted the trophy, the trend suggested that they would go all the way in Dubai this time around.
- It was a battle between IPL’s most successful captain – Rohit Sharma, who has won four titles – and the youngest captain Shreyas Iyer.
- Only 3 times the table topper of the league stage had ended up winning the IPL. And the only team to do it since the introduction of playoffs was Mumbai Indians, that too twice.
- Shreyas Iyer was the first Mumbai born cricketer who had captained against Mumbai in an IPL final.
- The opposite of this has happened twice when Kumble captained RCB to the final in 2009 and Sachin Tendulkar led the MI side to the final in 2010.
- Rohit Sharma in 2013 and Shreyas Iyer in 2020 are the only Indian players to lead their IPL side to the final without having captained them in international cricket. Rohit in 2013 and Iyer in 2020 had represented India in ODIs and T20Is but not in Tests.
These facts made up the IPL final 2020 more interesting worth watching.